Zero Germination

Information & swaps

Moderators: Wilf, chilliman64, Kathy, Ben123

Wilf
Admin
Admin

Zero Germination

Post by Wilf » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:00 am

This is not the first time I've had zero germination from Nickys Nursery Seeds, this year I have no Fatalli or King Naga germinating, put some of our older naga seeds in and were up within 2 weeks, 2 years ago I had no Padrons come up and before that all the Fatalli turned out as big green bell peppers which I had no seeds for so couldn't have muddled them up. Im not impressed as these are for our hot sauces.

mrprogress
Hot Head
Hot Head

Re: Zero Germination

Post by mrprogress » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:24 pm

I had the same in 2014 with Paper Lantern and Jamaican Orange with others on here reporting zero rates on the same. Also had mis labelled tomato seeds from there before so have not used them since. Hope you find an answer for your sauces.

Heefy
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by Heefy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Gosh. I never realised they were so hit and miss. I will delete them from my favs list. Thanks.

I am sure we can all accept the occasional poor germination but that sounds dreadful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilf
Admin
Admin

Post by Wilf » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Heefy wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:27 pm
Gosh. I never realised they were so hit and miss. I will delete them from my favs list. Thanks.

I am sure we can all accept the occasional poor germination but that sounds dreadful.
I can accept poor gemination as I don't need them all to come up but I do need some for the business of the sauces.

If I harvest seeds I will double them up as a safeguard to germinate the next year, small ornamentals look quite good with 2 stems in a pot really thick and bushy with plenty of fruit, my old seeds are germinating better than these new packets!!

With the price of seeds now which are counted out to about 10 per pack you don't expect zero germination on bought seeds, a commercial grower told me at a market that the seed companies get away with poor seeds as hobbyists usually put it down to their techniques of not getting them up,but in reality they have been sold duff seeds.

Heefy
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by Heefy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:59 pm

I know a really good seed company....no I won't go there. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk